How can we improve Boomerang for Gmail?

Remove 'Pause' Button?

How do I remove the pause button from the gmail client?

It's very distracting and annoying looking and I don't use this feature.

Thanks

117 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Matt CapucilliMatt Capucilli shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jarle Dahl BergersenJarle Dahl Bergersen commented  · 

Got this from Boomerang today:

"If you navigate to your Boomerang Settings (by clicking on the Boomerang icon in the upper right side of your inbox and then selecting Settings), you should see the option to Enable Inbox Pause. From there, you can uncheck that box to hide the Pause button. I'm attaching a screenshot in this message to illustrate what I'm referring to.

Because this setting is browser specific, you’ll have to make this change on each browser that you use. You may also have to reload Gmail in order for the setting to appear."

Here is the screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gpvwo5ack9ht9cf/Disable_Inbox-Pause.png?dl=0

• maja zmaja z commented  · 

Thanks Jarle, that worked on Chrome. Was very close to removing boomerang all together!

I see that Boomerang is not answering here. Thought I should share this answer I got from support after contacting them. Unfortunately it doesn't help me, because I use Mailplane on OS-X. But it should help anyone using Chrome or Firefox to check their mail:

------- From Boomerang Support ---------

Thank you for sharing your concern about the appearance of the pause button in Boomerang. I'm sorry that you're finding it frustrating instead of useful. This wasn’t our intention.

Because the feature is new, we'll be making improvements over the next few weeks based on how people are interacting with it. I'll make sure the product and engineering teams are aware of your request to have a setting for disabling it.

It will take us some time to organize feedback and build and release updates, so in the meantime, you can use an extension called Stylebot (Chrome) or Stylish (Firefox) to hide the button if it's really driving you nuts.

To do that, first install Stylebot, then open it on your Gmail window. Click the button to select an interface element, then click the Pause button. Toward the bottom of the Stylebot window, you'll see a "Hide" button. Click that, and the pause button will be gone forever. You can also change its appearance to make it less bright if you think the features might end up helpful, but you want it to be more subtle.

As others here, I will be stopping my yearly subscription of Boomerang if there is no option to turn off the pause button.

• MaximeMaxime commented  · 

Would like to hide that button ; messed up folders tree and we won't use it

• Jason Wisnieski (work)Jason Wisnieski (work) commented  · 

Add me to the list. I understand needing to advertise the service, and why you might want this button to be on by default, but there should be an option to remove it.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

I also would vote for the option of removing. It is not a feature that I will use and I am concerned that if it get hit by accident then I will miss important emails. This is a feature that might make me uninstall boomerang.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

The " Inbox Pause " button takes too much space.
        All my emails' folders tree dropped down.

I want to hide the button. If you really need to put it somewhere, just put it in the toolbar next the "Plus" button of gmail.

• JKJK commented  · 

I agree with Steve's comment. I love Boomerang but I can't have something so distracting while I'm checking my inbox.

Not everyone wants to use the 'Pause' button.

Please don't be one of those companies that forces new features onto users. Your existing users are your customers because of the features that existed when they signed up. Don't force new features onto them or else they may leave!

• SteveSteve commented  · 

If this pause button "feature" doesn't because optional, I will be forced to stop using Boomerang. I am required to be responsive at all times and accidentally pausing my inbox could have negative consequences. I would love to continue using Boomerang to manage my inbox, but this intrusive "feature" is a deal-breaker.

Feedback and Knowledge Base